Monday 4 February 2013


Day 12 The Kathakali Dancers.


I was late for the dancers but Kieran said it was OK because the first hour is make-up and it’s boring. They went from this:









to this dramatic make up and costumes.






There is a full audience and I told Kieran I could walk back by myself, he needn't wait. The culture centre is next door to the bus station and as long as I don’t take a short cut past the bit overlooked by my windows, the men’s pee place, I knew I would be OK.  The dancing is good the female role played by a middle aged man. A young couple on their honeymoon sit next to me. Afterwards I stroll back to the hotel in the warm, bustling evening air going in through the restaurant which opens onto the pavement. I have a pleasant meal people watching and then to bed ready for the last day tomorrow. I will be sorry to leave Kerala.





No comments:

Post a Comment